Parents do not have a right to take their children out of school during school time. It is at the discretion of the Head Teacher if pupils are allowed to take absence of any kind during term time.
Permission may be granted for the following:
- If a child is in an approved drama/dance performance or sporting activity for which a licence has been granted by the Local Authority.
- If a child is involved in an exceptional occasion - in authorising such an absence the circumstances of the case and the overall pattern of attendance may be considered.
- Service personnel and other employees prevented from taking holiday outside term time
- When a family needs to spend time together after a crisis or other exceptional. circumstance.
- Parents who are subject to a strict and non-negotiable holiday rota and evidence is provided to this effect.
Parents are required to complete and return a leave of Absence form (available from the school office) at least 4 weeks before the proposed dates of absence. The Absence form is returned to the parent and a copy kept in the child’s blue file.
For all absences, including sickness and medical appointments, on each day of absence the parent or carer must contact the School Office advising the school of their child’s absence.
Full details about attendance and absence can be found in the Kyson Attendance Policy.