Working with other Schools
Kyson works closely with all the other local schools, particularly Melton Primary with whom we share staff expertise.
This partnership brings together a larger community of 600 children and 80 staff
We share together in joint development using our professional skills and expertise, high social capital, a collective moral purpose and a desire to challenge and improve one another.
We collaborate in a variety of ways:
- Our children share learning opportunities with joint projects eg. Eco Councils Waste Management Day, Forest Schools, Inter school sports fixtures
- We share resources of people, ideas and equipment eg. sports coaches, special needs strategies, IT software licence fees
- Joint teaching observations regularly occur between schools to improve classroom practice and train staff in the use of learning intervention strategies
- Our teachers regularly moderate and check the standard of children’s work in writing and maths across the schools to ensure standards are equally high and improving
- We plan joint training for Governors, teachers, learning support staff and office staff to ensure high value and economies of scale
- Senior Leaders carry out reviews (mini-inspections) of the other schools to develop rigorous improvement strategies and support future development