On this page you will find suggestions for activities for keeping yourself active during the national lockdown. At Kyson, we are supporting the RED January campaign to 'Get Active Everyday' - we all know that exercise is a brilliant way to keep your mind in check and keep physically AND mentally healthy. So come on, 'Beat those Blues Away' and join our RED January campaign!
Activities You Could Take Part In
Here are lots of suggestions for ways to get active at any time, but especially during our RED January campaign. Remember, even going for a walk is a great way to be active. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you stay safe and follow the Government Guidelines.
Exercise and Fitness
- Children's workouts to do at home- The Body Coach TV- Joe Wicks - Workouts to do at home
- Children's workouts - Workouts for children and adults
- Home exercises for children - Nuffield Health- Exercises for children
- Harry Potter and Star Wars workouts - Fun workouts for children
- Stay Active - Stay active with Premier Education
- #StayInWorkOut- Sport England - Ideas and apps! How to have fun staying in and working out!
- #ThisIsPE - Videos delivered by teachers focussing on the PE curriculum which are accessible on YouTube.
- Zumba Kids- Zumba with Dovydas - Zumba for kids- Songs include I Like To Move It, Electronic song (Minions) and Old Town Road
- Just Dance Kids - Dancing for children
- Kidz Bop - Learn dance moves and songs
- Music Express- Choreography - Learn choregraphy
- Boogie Beebies - Videos that get younger children up and dancing with CBeebies presenters.
- Disney 10 Minute Shakeups - 10-minute activities based on Disney films that count towards a child’s 60 active minutes per day.
- Super Movers - Videos which help children move while they learn. They support curriculum subjects, including maths and English.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Yoga and mindfulness for children
- Cheeky Yogi - Meditation and bedtime yoga
- Be a Nature DetectiveWoodland Trust resources