Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to those children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided that you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not also Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week.
The school will also be able to claim Pupil Premium for these children, which will help to ensure that the school receives all the Government funding to which it is entitled.
To apply for free school lunches please contact Children and Young Peoples Services on 01473 260989 or click here.
If your child is eligible for and has been registered to receive free school meals between 1st April 2018 and the end of the rollout of Universal Credits (currently expected to be March 2023), they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in at the end of Universal Credits rollout. This is regardless of any change to your circumstances during this time.